BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bloodless in Egypt


    Hello again and thank you for tuning into my second post. While some of you have no choice, I’m still hoping that there are a chosen few out there. This weeks blog is about Vampires in Egyptian culture, which is also happens to be my favorite subject to talk about. So lets get started!

    Now the average person knows a little about Egyptian culture, such as King Tut and how to "walk like an Egyptian", but there is so much more to the great egyptians that that. The Egyptians worshiped many Gods including Anubis, Bast, Amun Ra, and the subject of our blog today, Sekhmet.

   Sekhmet is the Eguyptian Goddess of blood lust and warfare. She is often portrayed with the head of a lion and the body of a women. It is believed in some cultures that she started the act of Vampirism. Sekhmet was known for drinking the blood of her victims after she seduced them into sexual acts. Sekhmet is also considered a symbol of Womanhood and Power. No wonder she was considered a vampire during her time.















Larae, . "Ancient Vampire: Egyptian Ka ." darknessembraced.com. N.p., Wednesday, 20 January 2010 01:50 . Web. 8 Sep 2010. <http://www.darknessembraced.com/vampyres/vampire-myths-and-legends/154-ancient-vampire-egyptian-ka>.

4 comments:

miss_IN_fashion said...

Nice blog! A couple of things I think you can improve on is you have one misspelled word that I saw: you said that that instead of than that. And also this is a great subject so I would have liked to read more about Sekhmet than you provided. Keep up the great work!

woodrow said...

Very interesting Kage. I was unaware of where the vampirism act has came from, but you fixed that. The blog was very interesting and im looking forward to the ones to come. I would jsut add that you proof read and check grammer and spelling mistakes, but other than that i liked it alot! Maybe go a little more indepth with your topics.

Nautilus said...

Very interesting! I've always been fascinated with Egyptian culture and history and I never knew that there was an Egyptian goddess who was supposedly a vampire. Like the two comment posts above me, I would defiantly spell-check and check if everything is grammatically correct. And maybe just go a bit more in depth with your posts, but I'm very interested to see what you post in the future.

unbend_from_within said...

Although i am not an english teacher, a few places seemed liked the had gramatical errors. I was really interested in what you had to say but i was cut short. Try explaining a little more and go on about your topic. I'm interested in what you'll be saying next.